I most always try to make a huge serving of stir-fried vegetables (using my super easy stir-fry recipe) as side dish when I’m roasting chicken or having fried fish for lunch. But ever since my induction cooker brokedown, I was left with baking and steaming veggies.
There’s this one day I was baking chicken quarters, lazily rubbed with prepared spices, and thought I’d better prepare some veggies. I looked around and saw I had hoisin sauce, and the half-full jar of our favorite Chili Garlic Crunch from Chef Alex.
Now, I am totally in love with this product and I normally order 4 jars at a time for fear of not having enough. I also gave friends a jar or two, and it has always been a hit. The sellers are super nice, too. I love supporting small businesses with superb quality! Maybe I’ll write about them in a separate post soon.
This super easy hoisin bokchoy side dish recipe only takes less than five ingredients, and less than five minutes! If you don’t like spicy, you can just sub garlic chips or flakes, or skip the garlic altogether. If you’re vegan then you don’t need to add pork chicharon 🙂
Pin for later? 🙂
Spicy Hoisin Bokchoy
This very easy side dish could possibly be made with any other kinds of leafy vegetables.
- 2 bunches bok choy
- 2 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp chili garlic
- 4 tsp hot water
- 1/4 cup chicharon (pork rind), crushed
- Cut bok choy into bite sized pieces, separating stalks from leaves.
- Mix hoisin, chili garlic and water. Set aside.
- Steam bok choy stalks for one minute. Turn off the steamer, add leaves and cover for another minute.
- Toss sauce mixture with bok choy, and top with chicharon. Serve immediately.